Friday, June 17, 2011

Davey Peppers: Day of D.C.-The 4th One

The day is Thursday, the 16th of June, 2011 if you didn't know that already. So far, I have to say, I think this is my favorite day of the week so far. The day was very hectic, very insane, and very fun. We woke up early that morning, and then headed on the Metro. The metro took us to a part of D.C. where we helped out with homeless people selling a newspaper for one dollar, called Street Sense. If you're ever in Washington D,C., I highly recommend picking one up. Anyway, I was with Clarke and Joe, and we stood out there for two-and-a-half hours selling papers. Overall, we did make a good bit of money. And at around 12:30, we ate lunch. Nothing really exciting about that. Free refills, that was pretty exciting, I guess. Anyway, after that, the adventure kept on going on. We took the Metro to a center for helping children who have problems at home and are underprivileged, and we all got to play with them. Two of them beat me with Frisbees. More likely than not, footage of that incident will be put on the blog. Well, once we had our sad good-bye with the kids, we headed off to the Arlington National Cemetery. To be completely honest, it felt kind of morbid and sad. Anyway, we walked around D.C. for a little bit, and then we ate at a very nice Mexican restaurant. After that, we came back to the William Penn House. And now I'm here blogging, and there's really no more to talk about since nothing else has happened yet today. So bye everybody! DAVEY

No comments:

Post a Comment