Thursday, June 16, 2011

Madison Rush: The Little Things Matter Too

Hello All,
Can I just say Washington D.C. is beautiful!! It is gorgeous and the weather is even better! We started work with weeding then yesterday I did more weeding and today I did more weeding along with picking up trash and handing sandwiches out to the homeless. I can honestly say this mission trip is wonderful, but I have for sure heard the frustration with many of the youth on how little work we have done. When I was sitting there thinking I was like this: "Okay take a chill pill". We go on mission trips to serve to the best of ability, and to do what they want us to do. God always has a plan for everything, and I know the weeding and the picking up trash will show up maybe in a week, but we have to think that the little things matter too. It is a beautiful thing to see the people in the neighborhood pass, and give you looks of appreciation. It helps keep you going, but when you know your work might show back up it is hard to have the motivation to keep tracking, but we did it! The thing is we all need to look at the little things as much as an impact as the bigger. The little things matter just as much as the bigger and without both we would not have a reason to come. This group is the most inspirational and amazing group of young adults I have ever experienced. I love them dearly, and they teach me things consistently thru everything we do. But we all need to look at the bigger picture, and see that no matter what we do, big or small, a lot or a little, all of it is for God, and to serve him the way he wants us to. We have had an wonderful time, and our group has progressed in bonding. I love this group and have had the up most pleasure to be able to serve with them since 7th grade! Next year is defiantly going to suck without them to be honest. I hope you know that all your love,support, and prayers is SOO appreciated! Thank you for everything and gotta say this youth group is pretty special....they can defiantly do Gods work amazingly! MADISON

No comments:

Post a Comment