Sunday, June 19, 2011

Emily Ghianni: WOW!

Wow, this week has been so powerful in so many ways. I don't even know where to start. Monday, we wnet to help a woman garden, and to get there that meant we had to go through the "hood," and we did that before we even went sightseeing. So, I see that as an opportunity to remember that D.C. isnt just for touring and sightseeing. There is a whole other side to D.C. and just being introduced to it first really opened my eyes so that when we went sightseeing, I still couldn't help thinking, wow, we saw the real D.C. but the tourists have no idea. This whole week really showed me how great our youth group is. They go above and beyond. I loved every single opportunity given to me to learn and see more. This mission trip is my last one and I am proud of that. EMILY

No comments:

Post a Comment