Monday, June 20, 2011

Matt Day: Mission Accomplished!

This mission trip was very different from past mission trips in the sense that we were not directly seeing and helping the people as much as on previous trips. On the first night we were asked what we expected to accomplish over this mission trip, and my answer was to help at least one person for the better.But when I did finally come face to face with a homeless man to hand him a lunch we had made, I realized why we were there. That single moment made the trip worth it because I knew I helped someone for the better. Hebrews 13:15-16 says, "Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the fruit of the lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased". I do believe God can be pleased by our work in Washington D.C. I accomplished my goal, and I'm sure everyone else accomplished theirs. MATT

No comments:

Post a Comment