Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jay McCulley: God created tear ducts to cleanse the soul

Today has been a GREAT day.  We ventured to the Father McKenna center, which is a shelter for men.  We had a great morning.  The day started with a presentation by Tom the center director about the history of the center and its purpose.  We then met Gary who worked for the center as a counselor but was originally brought to the center by his own drug and alcohol abuse.  The part that stuck most to me is when he spoke of his relationship with his son who would often times step in between he and his wife when they were fighting.  As a father it really made me think about times when adults argue without the thought of who might be listening.  I then had the wonderful opportunity to speak with Houstus, one of the gentlemen at the shelter.  He has been clean for 19 months and comes to the shelter once a week for refreshment and revival.  I shared with him that many times that is how I feel on Sundays when I go to church.  It is a chance for me to refresh and "come clean". 

On another note........Happy Anniversary Renee! JAY

No comments:

Post a Comment